This has been a very sad weekend. My boyfriend Thomas and his mother Tineke said goodbye to their beloved cat Truus. She was 19 and she was the cuddliest cat ever known to this world.
When something of this importance happens everything else starts to seem so small in comparison. You also recognize your love for someone when you are not able to remove the cause of their suffering.
The links I’ve gathered throughout the weeks were more cheerful than I am right now. I hope they will make us all feel a little better.
- Ageism exists. But this 91-year-old did not care and she rocked a tech company’s world.
- Writer Andrew Solomon shared his advice for young writers. He talks about the importance of middle, even when it seems dull.
- I’m just starting with the “Couch to 5K” method and Bless The Weather shared her experience about the process last week. It was accurate for my experince so far, so it gave me hope for my running future.
- Even though I’m not religious, I’m from Turkey and I frequently face discrimination because of my nationality. This Muslim man made a great expirement that filled my heart with hope.
- Body confidence is something I am working on. These ladies from the “Why I Dance” video reminded me the importance of accepting our bodies and our sexualities once again.